Guru Nanak Legacy Fellowship
The National Sikh Campaign seeks a motivated young professional or college student to join our team as a Guru Nanak Legacy Fellow. The ideal candidate is passionate about philosophy, history, and communications and is eager to contribute to the preservation and promotion of Guru Nanak's legacy.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to spread the teachings and impact of Guru Nanak and make a meaningful impact by outreach to:
- Sikh Student Associations
- Select YouTube channels
- Libraries across the United States
You will also develop engaging social media content highlighting the Bhagats who influenced Guru Nanak, the historical and societal pressures that shaped his life, and message and catalog important artifacts and early pictures and accounts of his life. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone interested in learning about Guru Nanak and sharing his message with a wider audience. If you are a self-starter, a strong communicator, and a team player, we encourage you to apply for this fellowship. Join us and be a part of preserving the legacy of Guru Nanak for future generations.
Note: Candidates can send a one-paragraph summary of why they are interested in this role and their resume to [email protected]. This is a paid position.
- Conduct outreach to universities, Sikh student associations, select YouTube channels, and libraries across the United States to promote Guru Nanak's legacy.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive outreach strategy to increase awareness and interest in Guru Nanak's teachings and message.
- Create engaging and educational social media content highlighting the Bhagats who influenced Guru Nanak, the historical and societal pressures that shaped his life, and his message.
- Research and catalog important artifacts and early pictures and accounts of Guru Nanak's life.
- Collaborate with the National Sikh Campaign team and stakeholders to plan and implement outreach activities and events.
- Maintain accurate records of all outreach activities and measure the impact of outreach efforts.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and training sessions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.